by: Bill Roush, RHIA, BSHI, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
PDPM = Payment Driven Payment Model- CMS has release regulations.
For Complete SNF PPS Payment Model Research, select this link.
Big changes are coming for long term care (LTC) in 2019, including the resource utilization group (RUG) reimbursement system being replaced by the patient-driven payment model (PDPM). ICD-10 will take the starring role in categorizing the patient into one of ten clinical categories, which determine payment rates. 25,000 ICD-10 codes will be rejected if reported under PDPM. This presentation will review PDPM and how ICD-10 drives the clinical category process.
Participants will understand:
- How ICD-10 affects PDPM
- Specific examples of codes that will be rejected
- Specific examples of codes that will be accepted
- How to get ready for October 1, 2019 PDPM implementation
Updated CMS 2019 guidelines
New release from CMS on their finalized payment system. The Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) to replace the current PPS.
- 2019 Updates specific to SNF/LTC
- 2019 Guidelines (effective October 1st, 2018)
- Review of changes to Guidelines
- Brief review of the new revised deleted codes
- Review of the “Nevers” in the guidelines (the Zingers)
- Review of the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) How to get prepared
- How ICD-10 CM and ICD-10 PCS will affect the MDS (effective Oct 1st 2019)
- BRN CEU’s are offered for this class
- Contact us
How are you doing with coding?
- We can arrange for audits to determine how you are doing with your coding and arrange for some one on one in-service education if needed!!!
- Prevent RAC Reviews!
- Training available nationwide through our convenient webinars (available upon request)!
- Contact us to find out more!!!
New to coding?
We offer either onsite training or Webinar training for your convenience. Bill Roush is our Official AHIMA ICD-10 Trainer.
Webinar Training!!! 2019 ICD-10-CM Updates
- Contact us and we can set up a specific date for your Group!
- Group pricing offered
- Target Audience : HIM, MDS, Billing Staff
ICD 10 HOTLINE: Contact us for more information
ICD 10-CM Fundamentals Class or Continuing Education
This class will inform you of CMS and AHIMA recommendations, and an outline of what you need to do to get started. This course is an introduction to ICD 10 CM Coding; there will be a review of coding conventions, sequencing guidelines, and documented clinical indicators, documentation requirements, and physician query process requirements. ICD 10 specific coding scenarios will also be addressed.